Carpet cleaning that is eco-friendly
You don’t need to use toxic or harmful cleaning agents for carpet cleaning. Your carpet will still look and smell great. Carpet cleaning can be done with common, inexpensive items. Let’s take a look at some eco-friendly and safe methods to clean your carpet – helpful resources.
Even though vacuuming does not get rid of all dirt, it is an essential method for carpet cleaning. Regular vacuuming of your carpet will prevent dirt buildup and keep it clean. A wet vacuum is a better option for effective vacuuming.
Stains can be removed
Carpet owners often have to deal with staining issues. Many people resort to toxic and strong cleaning products to remove stubborn stains. You can opt for more eco-friendly solutions instead of resorting to harsh chemicals. Here are some techniques that can be used to remove stains, such as vinegar, club soda and tartar.
1. Use vinegar and hot water to remove dirt or stains from your carpet.
2. To get rid of grass stains from your carpet, mix warm water and alcohol.
3. Club soda can be used to remove stains from food, drink and blood. Let the club soda soak in the stain. Salt the affected area, then let it sit for about ten minutes. Rinse the sponge with vinegar-water solution. You can also substitute ammonia or hydrogen peroxide for stubborn stains.
4. Apply a combination of tartar and lemon juice to stain ink. Let it sit for around an hour, then wash with warm water.
5. Apply a lot of salt or cornstarch to grease stained areas. This will absorb the grease. It can be left overnight, then you should vacuum it up the next morning.
Freshening Your Carpets
Carpet owners also have to contend with bad odors. Carpet owners want their carpets to smell fresh and clean after each cleaning. Some carpet cleaning methods only get rid of particulate dirt. This leaves the carpet smelling stale and causing a bad stench. These are some simple ways to keep your carpets clean without using harsh chemicals.
1. Spread a mix of 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 cup baking powder, and 1 cup cornstarch onto your carpet. Let it sit for a few hours before vacuuming up. It will deodorize your carpet and leave behind an appealing aroma.
2. Instead of steam cleaning with commercial cleaning products, use a mixture of vinegar and hot water. Vinegar will dissolve dirt and stain on carpets while leaving them smelling clean.
3. Spray full strength vinegar daily on affected areas for approximately a week to remove any mold stains or odors.
Northern Beaches Carpet Cleaning
90 Mona Vale Rd, Warriewood NSW 2102
(02) 8311 0608